Pandan coconut waffles, also called Bánh kep lá dứa in Vietnamese, are waffles with pandan and coconut milk in the batter (self explanatory). Not only are they delicious, they’re bright green in color.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 5 tbsps of sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1 14 0z can of coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp of pandan extract (adjust to your taste)
- In a bowl, add eggs and sugar together and mix until there is a pale color with dissolved sugar
- Add coconut cream and mix
- In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients (tapioca flour, all purpose flour, and baking powder & sift for best results)
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients bowl and mix evenly
- After making sure there are no lumps, add 1/4 tbsp of pandan extract (adjust accordingly)
- For best results, let the batter sit for at least 30 minutes
- Follow the instructions on your waffle iron and put spoonfuls of the batter into the middle.